The search for bikinis and swimwear It's pretty complicated. But we talked to a designer and she gave us her tips and tricks to make this process a success.
Buying bikinis and swimwear can sometimes be a intimidating activityYeah. What cut would suit me? Should it be smooth or printed? What material should I watch? Is it too small and loose for me? But don't look any further, here are all the answers to these questions. Let's talk to the Mexican stylist and aesthetic expert Alejandra de la Garza and tell us all her tips and tricks to find bikinis and swimwear suitable for your body typeYeah. It helps us break the myths and turn this boring process into a success.
What's your number one rule when you buy bikinis and swimwear?
The number one rule for purchasing swimsuits and bikinis is to know your body.
"First you must know your body: which are your strengths and which are notYeah. Knowing this, you need to focus attention (with design, prints, bright colors) on your attributes and distract attention from the parts you like less than your body (dark colors, fewer prints or smaller prints than the top).
For example: maybe you have a lot of breasts but it is falling and needs supportYeah. Maybe. You're skinny but you've already had kids and you want to cover your belly. Or you have a good body but you are aware of your thighs and a pair can help you give more security.
How to choose bikinis and swimwear based on your body structure?
Since the answers may vary depending on the body of each woman, I will give you several general examples:
1. If you're flat and want to show off a more generous breastsearch, search corset topwhole costumes that have an open cut on the top. Or bikinis with the top not in triangle but a little more closed.
2. If you're short, skinny and flatLook for swimsuits with cleavages on the back and under the armpits and high cuts on the legs to look sexier. Or simply the addition of a belt gives the illusion of a figure more to the hourglass. And the same if you add volume to the shoulders and hips with more fabric.
3. If you have a big breast and you need supportStay away from whole costumes that don't have support inside. The ones that help the most are the triangle tops that are tied around the neck because they have a push up effect. Just make sure the ligament isn't too thin, make sure it's strong tissue.
4. If you've got a very thin grooveyou can use a bikini with high life pants to enhance that area, or an entire swimsuit that has an interesting design in life and draws attention to your best attribute.
5. If you've got a very big ridesearch, search full bathing suits with cuts on the sides and simulates a smaller life. Also because a whole costume melts the figure. Stay away from bikinis with high-waist underpants that will draw attention to the problematic area.
6. If you put on some chiliDon't cover up, on the contrary. He wears smaller bikinis that show more skin. I'm not the only one saying it, Tyra Banks supports it.
Seven. If you have a pear-shaped bodyYou need to turn your attention up, then look for more surprising colors and motifs up and colors or less noisy motifs down. A cut that fascinates me about this kind of structure is the top with exposed shoulders!
Eight. If you have an apple body and you have spectacular legsWear a whole costume with a neck on your leg to make it look even longer.
Nine. If you're worried about your middle partWear a full bathing suit with a cleavage on his abdomen to draw attention to the top! Or a single shoulder joint that stretches and draws attention to the shoulder.
Ten. If you have a pear body and you feel vulnerable to the glutes and thighsthere's not much to do to cover you- because in the end it's a swimsuit- what you can do is check where you want to send attention, and that place is the life, chest and shoulders
Is there a bikini or a swimsuit that suits all women?
'I don't think so! But there is one color that everyone likes: it is the naked color or one that is not so far from the color of your skin (lavender, coffee, mustard yellow, naked, pink)
What materials to choose for the purchase of bikinis and swimwear?
"Let them be elastic. Those that I love visually but that do not do much for the body are crochet as they do not give much support (they are not contagious) but if you are tiny you can give volume to the chest and glutes by making the illusion of a silhouette a hourglass.
The lower part is also a theme. What are the most satisfying types of underwear?
"If you have a pear-shaped bodyI like the shortest, shortest underwear possible, or high-life plates, and I like the lace on the bones of the hips to be as thin as possible. When the swimsuits are just under the bikini and have thick sides, they just bring out the fatty rolls and they're not flattering.
You think there's some myth about bikinis and swimsuits you need to stop believing in?
'Not particularly, but it is important to say that many women do not update their bathing suits, bikinis and accessories! I mean, glasses, pearls, straw bag, spectacular hat. And it's all part of the look that adds or subtracts.